Kilimanjaro Climb - Donate for Community
Mount Kilimanjaro is situated inside the Kilimanjaro National park in Tanzania; it is the highest mountain in Africa, the world's tallest walkable mountain and the tallest freestanding mountain on earth. While climbing to Mt Kilimanjaro you go through 5 different climatic zones to reach the summit. What a walk it is!
Have a look at our climb documentary at the bottom of this page!
All climbing profits are used for Art in Tanzania community programs in Tanzania. 2015 -2017 our main focus is in Children's Agenda Progam we run in coalition with UNICEF, Save the Children and other NGOs. One of the main focuses is the Mama Mkubwa Project building up a village community center in Madale village in Dar es Salaam. This program focuses on Children and Women. It also includes neonatal medical and health services.
- Transfer to and from your hotel/accommodation at Moshi to the mountain climb.
- Machame or Marangu route trek as itinerary depicts.
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek.
- Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes and rescue services.
-Service of an English speaking professional Mountain guide on the mountain, porters and skilled cooks.
- Airport transfer from Kilimanjaro International Airport to Moshi and back.
- Accommodations before and after the climb
- Tips (about usd 100 per climber as per the Porters Union recommendation)
- Laundry, sleeping bags, personal drinks and climbing gears
- Medical evacuation (included to the Kilimanjaro National Park fees and is their responsibility)
- International flights and taxes
- Items of a personal nature and any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary
- Accommodation before and after the climb at Art in Tanzania Moshi compound USD 30 per night with breakfast and dinner. Ask other hotel options.
- Airport transfers one way USD 50
- Check our safari program to be added on as well as Zanzibar trips
Your personal climbing bag:
Sleeping bag, Mt Boots, Anorak, Warm jackets, Balaclava, Sweater, warm trouser, Rain coat/trouser, Gloves, Walking sticks, pair of socks, water bottle, a pair of light shoes, scarf, Rucksack, headache pills, Flash light with spare.
Reached the summit? It's time to relax...
Enjoy safari dates at Lake Manyara National Park, Serengeti or in the N'gorongoro crater. Spend an unforgettable night at a Masai village with a Masai bbq and dancing at the fire. Or you take a flight or bus to the Zanzibar spice Islands, take part in the historical stone town tour, spice farms tour and then you will get a chance to relax by the beautiful Indian Ocean Beach.
An ethical, low cost, safe service
Art In Tanzania can provide a professional and fully safe service at a lower price than most other companies. We safe long time operator, the price is lower as there is no middle man. By booking through AIT you are directly helping the guides, porters and cooks that help you climb the mountain.
The money you send goes directly to them rather than to a large western company. Ethical tourism is defined as “tourism which benefits people and the environment in different destinations. It can offer a better income to families living in the area, by sourcing products and services locally.” This is exactly what we believe in and what we do, you get the knowledgeable, English speaking professional mountain guide, porters and cooks that you would get with any other reputable company, but at a lower, fairer price. The money goes to and helps the people that actually provide the services to you, not to a travel agent or booking company based outside of Tanzania.