Style guide for the home page
The Home page is the front page of the site.
Choice of images
Images chosen should:
- Convey the message "People like you can make a difference, while having fun". Good themes for this are:
- Volunteers and locals enjoying themselves together
- Volunteers working on the projects
- Smiling kids. Everybody loves smiling kids.
- Be visually simple and easy to understand at first sight
- Large and high quality (you should have the original photo and it should be at least 1040 pixels wide)
That said, if a photo is so good that you just have to put it on despite it not meeting the above guidelines, go ahead (just don't put to many like that on there) Witness:
Choice of text
We have no dedicated "About Us" page, so it is important that the text on the home page quickly answer the following questions:
- Who are we?
- What do we do?
- Why are we different?