Professional Volunteer Position in Ecological and Natural Building in Tanzania
Art in Tanzania (NGO) is looking for an experienced professional person to help lead our eco-campus development in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
So far we have built rooms with locally sourced bamboo, dry toilets and a simple greywater gathering system. We want to develop the greywater system, build huts with natural and ecological materials sourced locally, and implement renewable energy solutions for the campus. We are also looking to develop new and sustainable waste-management systems.
While building the eco-campus, we will also introduce and teach local builders, youth and international volunteers or interns, different techniques in ecological living.
Environmental and Natural Building leaders and their teams will also be tasked with helping to implement our tree house community and other innovative concepts. We currently have eight acres of non-developed land area.
Requirements for Applicants
Practical experience in ecological and natural building projects and able to provide a minimum of two references. Demonstrate the ability to work in primary African environment with limited resources. Demonstrate the ability to work in multi-cultural teams and teach others. Have excellent spoken English skills and a willingness to learn Kiswahili.
Deonstrate enthusiasm and a passion for ecological living solutions.
There is a minimum six month commitment for the team leader work.
What we offer:
- Possibility to make a big difference in our community and to learn local building techniques
- Immersion in Tanzanian way of life and culture
- Full board; basic accommodation and three meals a day, not including drinks
- Volunteer work permits for duration of commitment
- Airport transfers
- Discounted safari trips for you, your family, and friends
- International airfare to Tanzania
- Travel insurance
- Tourist visa on the arrival 50USD