Most Art in Tanzania volunteers live and work in Madale village, Dar es Salaam. Other volunteers may live and work in Moshi, Kilimanjaro at Fuoni village, or in Stone Town, Zanzibar.
College degrees are not a requirement to do volunteer work, and many of our volunteers are current students earning their degree. We work to give all participants the best volunteer experience possible while working in Africa. Volunteers commonly assist our charities in sectors such as education, social programs including Children's Agenda supported by UNICEF, Medical and Health Professions, HIV-AIDS Awareness, construction, sustainability, arts and music, dance, multimedia, filmmaking, sports and more.
Volunteering with us helps you earn experience in community development in a developing country. Many of our volunteers take away skills that have long-standing positive effects on their career choices and professional abilities.
If you plan to volunteer as a group, it is good to plan your work before arriving in Tanzania. For example, a new school building project or renovating classrooms.
Bringing Gifts and Donations to Tanzania
Bringing Other Traditional Gifts and Donations
- Second-hand laptops are needed to support our computer classes in local schools.
- Second-hand children's clothing and toys also needed.
- Winter time clothes are especially needed in the highland areas of Tanzania, such as Kilimanjaro.
- Stationaries in school are needed, but please note these things are often cheaper in Tanzania and can be bought when you arrive.
- Donations are not mandatory and are optional during your visit.
More than 15 Years of Experience
We have been working with the communities in Tanzania for more than 15 years, and local populations are thankful for our community and cultural partnerships. We accept volunteers of all ages and backgrounds. You do not need a college degree, or academic credentialing. You can be young or old, it does not matter. The only thing that matters is a commitment to the local communities to help in some small way. We are here to help you complete your project and have the adventure of a lifetime.
Volunteering is free. Your personal costs are as follows:
- International flights
- Volunteer permit (immigration)
- Community Compounds are our easy and low-cost solution.
- Access to low-cost safaris, tours, and our Mt Kilimanjaro climbs (including discounts for your friends and family)